Museum Security Network

Oklahoma City firefighters are trying to determine what caused a blaze at the Science Museum

No injuries or damage reported with fire at Science Museum Oklahoma building
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Oklahoma City firefighters are trying to determine what caused a blaze at the Science Museum Oklahoma.

Crews received a call reporting the blaze about 11:40 a.m. Saturday. Officials say firefighters found roofing material that was next the building on fire.

Officials evacuated several hundred people from the building. No one was injured.

A hazardous materials unit was called to the scene because of some nearby propane tanks. A pop off valve on one of the propane tanks blew, and flames could be seen shooting up several feet.

But firefighters were able to put out the fire with no apparent damage to the museum.

http://www.kfsm.com/news/sns-ap-ok–sciencemuseumoklahoma-fire,0,2547175.story
By Associated Press

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: