PIERRE, S.D. Fire damages State Library

Associated Press – December 19, 2008 10:55 AM ET

PIERRE, S.D. (AP) – State officials are checking damage after an overnight fire in the boiler room of the State Library in Pierre.

It happened on the first floor, where renovation work is being done.

Bureau of Administration Commissioner Jeff Bloomberg says sparks from a concrete saw apparently started a fire that smoldered for some time before it was discovered around midnight.

Governor’s press aide Joe Kafka says there doesn’t appear to be any structural damage, but smoke damage is extensive.

Information from: KCCR-AM, http://www.todayskccr.com/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.